So why is that a large number of adults and children leave the house in the morning without having tasted food?
Experts believe that one of the main reasons is the lack of time. Most of us woke up just in time to shower, hair styling, make-up, get dressed, leave the kids at school and be on time to the office.
However, preparing or providing a healthy breakfast to our family should not take much time and so, Sharon Junge, nutrition counseling and family studies and consumer Cooperative Extension, University of California, offers the following easy options healthy breakfast:
- Spread cinnamon raisin bread with peanut butter and add sliced banana
- Waffles with strawberry frozen yogurt
- Pancakes with jam, peanut butter or applesauce
- Cheese and crackers
- A grilled cheese sandwich grilled
- Banana Bread or muffins (muffins) of blueberries or a glass of apple juice
- A Muffin Français style bread with peanut butter and jelly
- A bowl of applesauce and toast
- Combine your child's favorite cereal and place in a plastic carrying bag
- A breakfast burrito (we give you the recipe below)
One of the most appropriate and fast food for breakfast is cereal, as long as you choose one that contains fiber, calcium, folic acid, but above all, that is low in fat and sugar.
UC experts recommend that you choose cereals that contain:
- Grain, as well as bring extra fiber, help to protect against cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
- High in iron, young children need high amounts of this element to support their growth. Cereals that contain 45 percent DV are the best.
- Low sugar content, the ideal content is 6 grams or less per serving. Every four grams represent a spoonful of sugar.
The specialist recommends that it is important to serve cereal with skim milk containing 1 percent fat and to add fresh fruit like sliced bananas, peaches, pears, strawberries, blueberries, berries or raisins.